|Tier 1: Vision & Associates’ IP practice, led by Do Quang Hung, advises owners of world-renowned intellectual property on anti-counterfeiting, registration oppositions and filings concerning trade marks and patents. At partner level, Nguyen Thi Thu Ha is a key contact, while senior associates Nguyen Vu Quan and Nguyen Thuy Hong are also noted. Clients include Jack Daniel’s, Herbalife, Marvel Entertainment and Unilever.|
Asia Pacific Legal 500 2018/2019
|Band 1: “Advises blue-chip clients across media, consumer products and technology on the protection of IP rights in Vietnam. Frequently assists in both prosecution and enforcement. Additional capacity in respect of domain name registration and resolution of cybersquatting issues.” “Key players in the market; they’ve been around a long time and have developed a good team.” Head of the trade mark department Do Quang Hung [Band 2] assists multinational clients on trade mark infringement proceedings in Vietnam. He also has experience advising on IP rights in Laos and Cambodia.”|
Chambers Asia 2016/2017
Intellectual property is more than just patents, designs, trademarks and copyrights, it is often the foundation of many for building a strong business and critical assets in many more. How you define, register and protect your innovation and creativity are strategic bottom-line issues in today’s market, not only in Vietnam but in a wider market, to create and maintain your competing edge. We understand the issues and can help you register, protect and use your intellectual property.
We have a team of trademark lawyers who have a wealth of experience and knowledge, not only in the local intellectual property/ trademark laws but also in the international laws and conventions that govern the procurement and enforcement of trademark worldwide. With those, we can assist clients in establishing, maintaining, and enforcing trademark rights not only in Vietnam, but also from Vietnam and in the region. We provide practical guidance and precision in translation and other services needed during the registration process. Rather than simply communicating problems and impediments, we create and provide clients with solutions. Above all, our team is known to be the first choice in the sector in Vietnam.
Your trademarks are an increasingly important and valuable component of your asset portfolio in today’s brand-driven global economy. We offer innovative, commercially-focused and practical advice to help you protect and manage your trademark portfolio strategically. Our services in this area include:
- Advising on selection and suitability of marks for registration;
- Trademark classifications;
- Searching prior registrations and applications;
- Advising on prospects for obtaining registration;
- Filing applications and prosecution to registration;
- Conducting opposition proceedings;
- Advising on proper use of trademarks in packaging, labelling, advertising in print and electronic media;
- Watching and renewing registrations;
- Advising on rights in trade names, trade dress, passing-off, unfair competition, and unregistered trademark rights acquired through use;•
- Negotiating and drafting agreements for the purchase, sale, or licensing of trademark rights;
- Registering license and user agreements; and
- Trademark enforcement and litigation.
Our clients in this area include not only domestic clients such as HTV, PEB, Sowatco, etc., but also multi-national companies such as Lacoste, HP, Parfums Christian Dior, Boeing, P&G, Mead Johnson, GE, Warner Bros., etc..